The University of Georgia Athletic Association is a separate corporate entity; and by law, it is self-supporting, not accepting any financial assistance from the University or the State of Georgia.
The revenues related to conference affiliation, tickets, annual giving along with private gifts are our primary means of support.
These revenues must be annually sufficient to:
- Fund scholarships for 21 varsity sports.
- Provide operating budgets (coaches’ salaries, travel, equipment, recruiting) for these 21 teams.
- Build, renovate and maintain facilities for these teams.
- Operate the Rankin Smith, Sr. Student-Athletes Academic Center and provide support to our academic staff.
- Support administrative functions, such as the Ticket Office, Promotions, Sports Medicine, Sports Communication, etc.
- Provide financial assistance to the University of Georgia Cheerleaders and the Redcoat Band.
The Athletic Association must prudently keep costs down, seeking alternative resources to meet an ever-increasing budget, while improving the quality of its athletic programs.
All gifts designated to any of the University of Georgia Athletic Association campaigns can be 100% tax deductible.
Methods of Giving
These gifts are made in the current year and are such that the University of Georgia Athletic Association invest them immediately:
- Appreciated/Marketable Securities
- Real Estate
- Tangible Personal Property
- Paid-Up Life Insurance Policies
- Charitable Lead Trusts
These gifts are often called planned gifts because they are integrally connected to your financial and/or estate plans. Although deferred gifts are given today, the Arch Foundation for the University of Georgia may not realize their benefit until some years in the future.
Life Income Gifts
- Pooled Income Funds
- Charitable Remainder Funds
- Life Estate Agreements
- Qualified Retirement Plans
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Bequests (Gifts by Will)
- Testamentary Trusts
- New Life Insurance Policies
For additional information on the UGA Athletic Scholarship Endowment program, Coaching and Administrative endowments, Georgia Always, or Athletic Association facility projects, please contact a The Georgia Bulldog Club staff member at 877-423-2947.Back to top