Game Day Ambassadors
GAH Ambassadors play a vital role in the success of football, basketball, gymnastics, and baseball hospitality programs at UGA. The most fundamental responsibility of the GAH Ambassador is to represent the University of Georgia in a positive manner, regardless of specific job duties. We strive to hire Ambassadors who are hardworking with a go-getter spirit and thrive on helping others.
Please apply by clicking the link here. We will reach out to schedule an informative interview with you!
GAH Ambassadors are required to work 5 out of 7 Georgia home football games. While there are opportunities for additional hours, Ambassadors are only required to work on game day. Ambassadors will be required to work the first game and then will rank the other games based on preference but are not guaranteed to be scheduled for top preferred games. Failure to show up for one game may result in the termination of your position.
This varies from game to game, but you can generally plan to work 8-10 hours each game. Ambassadors are required to arrive at the stadium no later than 3.5 hours before kickoff. Postgame duties will vary depending on your position.
To be an Ambassador, you must be able to meet the following physical requirements:
- Ability to stand on your feet for a minimum of 8 hours straight outside of a 30-minute break
- Ability to arrive at Sanford Stadium and leave on your own
- Ability to navigate Sanford Stadium, walking in confined spaces amongst guests within multiple areas of the stadium
- Ability to communicate with staff/guests, including general interpersonal communication as well as potential radio communication
- Ability to perform “Light Work”, lifting up to 20 pounds occasionally when manual labor is required for the job
- Ability to work outside with some exposure to environmental conditions including various changes in temperature and general weather
- Visual Acuity necessary to make general observations of guests and premium areas with specific regard to enforcing policies and realizing issues on game day
The pay rate starts at $12.00 an hour.
Please understand that this position is not an opportunity to watch the game. Ambassador responsibilities require a high level of service and attentiveness. A dedicated and focused staff is essential to the success of the suite, club, and all premium areas. Furthermore, the guests notice and appreciate the hard work of the Ambassadors and rewarding relationships can be built not just with peers, but also with the guests.
Of course! Each Ambassador gets a 30-minute break, which includes a boxed meal.
Game Day Managers
The Georgia Athletic Hospitality Game Day Managers play a vital role in the success of football, basketball, baseball, and gymnastics hospitality programs as well as athletic rental events at UGA. These positions require excellent communication skills, the ability to think on your feet, organizational skills, and enthusiasm. The Game Day Managers will work closely with UGA Athletic Donors, The Georgia Bulldog Club, and other members of athletics. The interns also help manage the game day student workers.
- Game Day Managers will assist with administrative tasks and are required to work all home football games and then only Men’s and Women’s basketball, gymnastics, and baseball events as assigned.
- Game Day Managers are expected to work up to 20 hours per week. They must have the ability to be flexible when it comes to scheduling.
- Please send your resume and a cover letter to Brittany Hayes at email@example.com. You may be contacted for supplemental materials. Top candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Please note, Georgia Athletic Hospitality is requiring a cover letter for all internship applicants. The letter should specifically address the applicants desire to work for Georgia Athletic Hospitality, The Georgia Bulldog Club, and in premium seating or hospitality.
- Please Note: We are no longer accepting applications for the 2023 Fall semester. Please reach back out in Summer 2024.